Health and Safety Policy
Broad Group is committed to maintaining a high standard of health and safety for all our employees, members of the public and any other persons who may be affected by our operations and work activities.
The Group Health and Safety Policy encompasses and supports divisional policies and individual operating company policies.
In recognising its legal responsibilities, Broad Group and all associated companies will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, or endeavour to ensure the health, safety and welfare of its employees whilst at work and also those who may be affected by its undertaking.
This duty is expanded to ensure:
- the provision and maintenance of safe plant and systems of work
- suitable arrangements for the safe transport, use, storage and handling of articles and substances
- adequate provision of information, instruction, training and supervision as necessary to ensure the safety of employees
- the maintenance of a safe place of work with safe access and egress
- the provision and maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities.
We will ensure that adequate resources are committed and documentation issued to enable the effective operation of the health and safety management system - compliance with current legislation being the minimum standard.??
We will ensure adequate consultation and coordination with all employees with regard to the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the health and safety arrangements to enable each company and its employees to co-operate effectively to promote and develop a positive health and safety culture.
All employees have a duty to comply with the policy, co-operate with management and work in a safe manner, taking reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
The policy will be reviewed every 3 years or sooner if there are significant organisational changes.